Small, but well-established company seeks a true pro who can make an impact. Opportunity to be a big part of a technology-driven, growing organization. Solid skills in embedded Linux / Linux kernal / drivers are required. New York City (midtown Manhattan) location
Embedded Software Engineer with extensive experience in a Linux environment. The position involves the development and implementation of a wide range of networking software. The ideal candidate has recent, demonstrated, hands-on development expertise with Linux. The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which a self-motivated applicant will work independently to develop solutions.
The keys to these positions are 1) being a smart, bright, true computer scientist/software engineer. Someone who has not just dabbled in software engineering, but is a true developer; who knows fundamentals as well as architecture, algorithms, etc. and can deliver robust software 2) CE degree is preferred, followed by CS (some dual degrees should be OK) 3) Stable work history with a solid track record of accomplishments.
* 5+ years of programming experience using C or C++
* Experience developing software for Linux systems – Linux kernel
* Experience with Linux driver development (e.g. wireless, network stack)
* Current responsibilities are primarily coding
* Applicant must have a security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance
* Minimum of a BS degree in EE, CS, etc.
– Master’s or /PhD in EE/CS
– Linux kernel and kernel module development
– Linux driver development (e.g. wireless, network stack)
– Embedded/custom Linux distribution development/management
(e.g. MontaVista, OpenWRT, SnapGear, Android)
– Cross-compiling & porting (e.g. make, autoconf)
– UNIX shell scripting
– Network application development (e.g. VoIP, streaming H.264)
– Distributed systems and network protocol development
– MANET / mesh / wireless ad hoc and wired networking
– Android application development
Advanced Cisco router/switch configuration/management
Our client develops Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET) wireless radio systems for US Government and commercial applications. The systems provide on-the-move data, voice, video, and situational awareness capability.