Position: Director of Enterprise Transformation Services Practice
Job Description: Our client is a cyber security professional services organization. Their Services organization is composed of multiple practice areas, each with a Practice Director who is responsible for developing, sustaining, promoting, and delivering value-added services for our clients.
Practice Directors are viewed as authorities and experts within their domains. As such, this position requires both strategic and tactical leadership. The successful candidate will continuously monitor industry trends and client needs and serve as a thought-leader both internally and externally. They will be responsible for developing personnel, program oversight, financial management, and supporting sales and marketing activities. They will also frequently work side by side with other practice directors, managers, and consultants to address client needs, align support personnel, and oversee quality and sufficiency of work tools and deliverables.
The selected individual will represent our client externally as a subject matter expert. In this capacity they will speak at conferences, support industry panel discussions, develop blog and whitepaper content, and support webinars and similar activities.
The Enterprise Transformation Services practice supports our clients in adopting and maturing their operational security capabilities. This includes organization design, adoption of best practices, development of processes and procedures, role and responsibility definition, and integration of security functions across client organizations. Development and delivery of training content and table-top exercises are common activities within this practice.
- Extensive experience leading and managing personnel as a functional manager
- Prior experience in defensive security operations for large and mature organization(s)
- Prior experience in a professional services or consulting role
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Security Operation Center (SOC) functions to include monitoring, triage, escalation, forensic examination, and threat intelligence creation and consumption
- Experience coaching, mentoring, and providing positive and constructive feedback to subordinate managers and employees
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including experience with public speaking and public-facing written content development (e.g. blogs, whitepapers, journal articles, etc.)
- Experience developing training plans and aligning employee career goals to growth opportunities
- Experience managing relationships to include personnel, client, leadership, and serving as a direct liaison to clients and external entities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Experience with functional management of SOC analysts, consultants, or operations staff.
- Experience developing proposals, statements of work, and general content to support business capture
- Project management experience
- Financial management (forecasting, cost estimating) experience
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study
Position Type: Salaried / Exempt. Compensation commensurate with candidate’s knowledge and professional experience.
Primary Location: Remote/Virtual within Continental US
Travel Requirement: Up to 50%
- Chappel Associates has been a trusted resource in technical recruiting and placement for over 20 years. All inquiries are held in confidence. Please visit our website for other hot positions, including an SOC Analyst for this company, at www.pchappel.com