Staff Firmware Engineer – suburban NYC area or northern NJ location
Competitive pay, Bonus, Excellent benefits
This role is with a global leader in medical technology (imaging, diagnostics, healthcare IT), an organization dedicated to ongoing success by hiring top talent, investing in R&D, and commitment to engineering excellence for over 100+ years.
This is a newly created Staff level role (seeking strong experience, team leadership, 7-15+ yrs exp), looking for someone to work in new project development. You’ll be part of a multi-disciplined team environment and responsible for the design, development, implementation, testing, documentation, maintenance, and support of software components in support of larger project goals.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
• 8+ years of experience developing firmware/software.
• Must have strong experience in C (or C++) real-time embedded systems programming. “Bare metal” experience preferred.
• Experience with instrumentation systems preferred (no medical exp required).
• Experience interfacing with microcontroller-integrated peripherals (e.g. PWM, ADC, SPI, I2C, CAN). Texas Instruments microcontrollers in the Hercules ARM or C2800 series preferred.
• Working knowledge of electronic schematics and bringing up “new” hardware.
• Experience working collaboratively using version control and peer code reviews.
• Experience with static code analysis and unit test experience a plus.
• Familiarity with logic programming and networking protocols.
• Familiarity with agile development or continuous integration.
• Familiarity with physical modeling, control theory, or mechatronics.
• Familiarity with Eclipse-based IDE a plus.