Unique opportunity to join an established international company in their US expansion. Working from the US headquarters, you will have the ability to be an impact player working with some other exceptionally talented people. The Sr. Systems Administrator will be a key person in this growing IT department.
Sr. Systems Administrator – Santa Clara, CA – $110-$150K base salary
Primary responsibilities include:
• Customer support: Provide company and internal customers with information technology support services. Customer support includes on-site departmental consulting, coordinating outreach efforts, review and institute cost analysis studies, communicate about overall project schedules, provide specific status updates for major projects and technical support/enhancements of departmental applications.
• Software programming and development: Oversee the development and implementation of software applications to meet administrative needs. Coordinate conversion testing, system upgrades, and production cutover of new application methods. Design procedures for evaluating systems, hardware and software.
• Software installation and/or maintenance: Establish systems methodology, procedures and protocol for applications support environment. Determine and implement the type of maintenance and troubleshooting needs for services.
• Hardware maintenance and troubleshooting: Hardware development and/or installation: Coordinate efforts for software and hardware installation to achieve company goals
• Manage the installation, maintenance and availability of deep submicron CAD Tools and Tools Support (Cadence, Synopsis, Mentor Graphics).
• Network traffic control (protocols, routing): Lead decisions about technologies used to provide network connectivity and coordinate units involved with network traffic.
• Security including policies and procedures: Design overall security model for campus, assess on-going campus-wide needs for security, provide risk assessment reports.
• Training and instruction: Coordinate training programs as needed, assess plans for training programs, meet with unit representatives to ensure that proper training is scheduled, and oversee the development of training programs.
• Documentation: Review and approve documentation, ensure compatibility with other documentation and- compliance with existing standards and recommend revisions to standards.
• Information management (databases, information warehouses): Assure the integrity of information systems, and oversee the selection of software technology needed for information technology systems.
• Project management: Assess need for project teams, establish teams based on mission, determine leadership and evaluate results; coordinate direction among teams.
• Skill development – maintaining currency and forecasting: Maintain understanding of major management and technology trends and integrate with institutional needs.
• Collaborate with and support our current IT Team on all IT functions, and work closely with other departments such as HR and Finance on projects as they arise. This position requires a team player
• Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) years of experience in information technology field, or Master’s and seven years, or combination of education and experience
• Highly preferred experience includes:
o semiconductor or electronics product industry
o small, growing company background
• Thorough and broad knowledge in area of expertise, from underlying principles to highest level of implementation and ability to apply those skills.
• Experience with IT management in OS Optimization, VNC Support, debugging, scripting and automation.
• Demonstrated experience with Linux CentOS Administration, DevSecOps, preferably with IT certifications such as RHEL.
• Experience supporting remote offices and internal customers. Global experience a plus.
• Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated Storage Server Experience (Unix, NetApp/ Dell EMC).
• Demonstrated experience with Linux Systems administration
• Teamwork, dedication, strong communications and interpersonal skills.
• Japanese language skills a plus