Embedded Firmware Engineering Manager – Santa Clara, CA – $190K-$210K base salary + bonus + excellent benefits
Unique opportunity to join an established international company in their US expansion. Working from the US headquarters, you will have the ability to be an impact player working with other exceptionally talented people. The Embedded Firmware Engineering Manager will be a key person in this growing leader in ASIC, SoC and ASSPs.
This is a hands-on technical position, working closely with the firmware development team. Selected candidate will provide technical leadership, personnel and project management, and individual contributions towards the definition, design, implementation, test and support of firmware deliverables. We need a hands-on manager who inspires a sense of urgency and attention to quality in team members.
Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
• Lead architectural decision making in the firmware development team.
• Manage an experienced team of firmware engineers, including performance reviews, recruitment, and personal development in a competitive and time-sensitive environment.
• Contribute to product definition, development, and firmware architecture according to customer inputs.
• Work closely with key company executives, partners and clients. This includes but is not limited to:
• Help hardware engineers isolate hardware problems.
• Support, work closely with, and provide training to customers.
• Develop and maintain reference designs.
• Work with software partners, such as cloud & server, for software porting.
• Collaborate with Socionext functional teams to integrate firmware into the final product.
• Design, document, implement, and unit-test of ARM Cortex Processor, high speed packet data transmitting and processing, and security subsystems.
• Work closely with the hardware team (RTL, verification, etc.) to bring up new SoC designs and platforms.
• Write software specifications and customer documentation.
• System performance tuning and firmware testing for high-speed packet processing.
• Work in accordance with all legislation and company policy requirements pertaining to employee safety, health and wellness.
• Some travel required
• Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field, with 10+ years of industry experience. Or, Bachelor’s degree with 12 years of experience. Or, other equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years managerial experience as a “hands-on manager” who inspires a sense of immediacy and attention to code quality in team members.
• In-depth understanding and experience in firmware development – both baremetal and with
• Must have skills in code development and product validation in C/C++ targeted at ARM/RISC-V based CPU platforms.
• Must have Protocol knowledge of at least some of the common interfaces such as UART, QSPI, I3C, high speed serial highly desired.
• Experience in visual technologies (imaging, video etc.) a big plus.
• Experience working with overseas development and validation teams is highly desired.
• Experience working with SOCs is desirable (ASSPs are acceptable also).
• Experience with FreeRTOS or ThreadX highly preferred.