Solutions Engineer – Reston, VA
Are you ready to take the industry by storm by partnering with a sales team at one of the hottest cyber risk companies around? Are you looking to leave your mark in a booming industry? Do you want to help revolutionize how cybersecurity is managed in large enterprises and government organizations? We are looking for a proven technical solution engineer to help our sales organization achieve the next phase of growth. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
As a Solutions Engineer, you will have the opportunity to join a breakthrough and fast-growing software company. This person is a customer-focused technical professional, providing presales support and guidance to customer and collaborates with the sales team and partners to recommend our client as a solution offering. The Solutions Engineer acts as a consultant and technical expert in the cyber risk management space with the ability to create and foster relationships with customers and capture critical customer requirements back into the sales, professional services, and marketing processes. The Solutions Engineer will work in concert with our sales team and customers to understand their business goals, capture their requirements, and provide a vision for our client’s products and services to be implemented and utilized by the customer.
Our client is a hot software startup backed by premier VCs that is helping large organizations quantify cybersecurity risk in dollars and cents and manage it from the business perspective. The market is rapidly developing and they have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world’s largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail and healthcare.
Reporting to the Vice President of Professional Services, the Solutions Engineer will be based in the Reston, VA office. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, a high energy environment, and lots of room for personal and professional growth. In this role, the Solutions Engineer will be responsible for:
• Conduct detailed discovery and analysis of customer requirements.
• Creating and maintaining demo accounts and sales assets.
• Making technical presentations and demonstrating how our products and services meet customer needs.
• Act as an interface between the sales organization and technical staff (Product Management and/or Professional Services).
• Work closely with customers on the design and implementation (and integration) of products.
• Respond to technical and functionality related questions from customers or RFX.
• Capture customer requirements and collaborate with Professional Services to develop the Statement of Work (SOW).
• Acquire and maintain a complete understanding of all product and service offerings at a level where they can provide product training.
• Develop supporting material for members of the sales and marketing team.
• Work and collaborate with other sales managers and executives across the organization.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge of the cyber risk management space.
• Maintaining records of sales activity in our CRM and internal systems.
• Attend and/or participate in trade shows, conferences, and other marketing events.
• Ability to travel, as needed, to support reps with new customer meetings and demos (min. 25% travel)
Skills and Experience
Our client is a high-energy, high-performance company with a fun work environment! Our Solutions Engineer must have a strong attention to detail, be well organized and have the ability to manage multiple engagements simultaneously. Required skills and experience include:
• Bachelor’s degree with strong academic credentials, technical degree preferred.
• 3-5 years in a successful B2B enterprise software-as-a-service sales role.
• Strong cybersecurity knowledge and analytical skills or aptitude.
• Critical and structured thinking skills that will allow for problem decomposition and solution setting.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. This role requires the ability to understand and articulate the value proposition and technical advantages of products and services.
• Basic understanding of API’s and web services (RESTful principles preferred).
• Detail oriented and able to manage multiple objectives in a fast-paced environment
• FAIR information security and operations risk assessment, quantification and management experience is a big plus