This is a great opportunity for a hands-on manager to work for a stable company and push FPGA technology. You will play a big part in their continued success and can truly make an impact. Our exclusive client provides packet processing, cyber security and monitoring solutions for high-speed networks. Their cyber intelligence and cyber surveillance products are used in commercial and government applications. Position is open due to pending retirement. Cherry Hill, NJ area location. Solid benefit package includes an excellent ESOP. Outstanding work environment.
Manager level position with emphasis on supervising FPGA team to develop FPGAs for communication systems equipment for processing high speed traffic in real time at 100 Gbps and above. Perform high-level architecture; develop specifications; allocate resources; schedule, guide and manage; perform hands on FPGA design with VHDL; stay knowledgeable of the latest chips and technology available from FPGA suppliers.
• Manage FPGA team of 5-6 engineers and perform some hands-on FPGA design.
• Conduct and participate in design reviews and be responsible for FPGA system design and functionality.
• Define and develop various FPGA design processes
• Manage FPGA Development schedules
• Manage transfer of designs to software group and system test group.
• Support manufacturing and customer support on various issues.
• Manage FPGA releases, IP, and source code control
• Minimum of 10 years of high-speed, wide bus FPGA design experience; 5 years as a leader or manager
• Experience with large FPGA designs with multiple designers
• Experience with FPGA designs with 10G or higher interfaces
• VHDL experience
Optional experience (plus)
• 100G/400G FPGA design experience
• Experience in Agile development environment
• Vivado/Xilinx experience
• Familiarity with 58G PAM4 transceivers and HBM
• Knowledge of WAN communications – DWDM, SONET/SDN, Ethernet, OTN, etc.