This is a great opportunity to work for a growing company and push embedded software technology while staying up to date with the latest communications technologies. You will play a big part in their continued success and can truly make an impact. Our client provides cyber security and monitoring solutions for high-speed networks. Their cyber intelligence and cyber surveillance products are used in commercial and government applications. Due to growth, a few key positions are open including Senior Embedded Software Engineer roles. Cherry Hill, NJ area location. Solid benefit package includes an excellent ESOP.
Responsibilities include all aspects of embedded systems development including conceptual design, design specifications, coding, simulation, debug, test and integration. Target systems are communications equipment that process high speed packet traffic in real time at 100 Gbps and above. You will work in a small, friendly and productive team environment and utilize your skills in C, C++, assembly language, Linux, Windows, etc.
Required experience/skills include:
- Development of real time embedded systems based on 32 and 64 bit processors
- Programming in C/C++ and assembly language
- Linux applications development (in an embedded environment is preferred)
- Linux kernel development, device drivers
- Hardware experience- programming device interfaces, board bring-up, kernel configuration, etc.
- Protocol / network knowledge
- BS or MS degree in a technical discipline
- Use of revision control, IDEs CodeWarrior preferred), software quality tools
- Familiarity with Windows development and tools
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work through entire product life cycle
Desired experience includes: embedded telecommunications equipment / communications / networking equipment (SONET, SDN, OTN); knowledge of lab development equipment; shell scripting; Linux based GUI development; Linux based embedded web server; NXP PowerPC or Intel T2080/QorIQ (64-bit Multicore SoCs).
P. Chappel Associates has been a trusted resource in technical recruiting and placement for over 20 years. All inquiries are held in confidence. Please visit our website for other hot positions, including an FPGA design engineer for this company, at www.pchappel.com